If you like Verizon’s new LG Spectrum Android smartphone but don’t want to pay $199.99 for it (and neither $79.99 – that’s what Amazon is asking for the device), the largest US mobile carrier is now giving you a chance to win one for free, via a contest announced on Twitter.
To enter the contest, you have to tweet Verizon “a picture of your Darth Maul-ed self”. You can make such a picture with the Darth Maul Me app that’s available both in Android Market and App Store – go here to download it.
An LG Spectrum will be given away starting today, each day, until the end of the week (so I guess there are 5 handsets to be won). For more details, follow Verizon on Twitter.
The LG Spectrum runs Android 2.3 Gingerbread (upgradeable to Android 4.0 ICS), and features a 4.5 inch display with 1280 x 720 pixels, LTE connectivity, 1.5 GHz dual-core processor, 1GB of RAM, 8MP rear camera with 1080p video recording, and a 1.3MP front-facing camera.
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- Verizon Motorola Droid 4 available now
- LG Spectrum for Verizon officially unveiled, will cost only $199.99 on contract
- Verizon’s LG Spectrum 2 VS930 available now, $99.99 on contract
- HTC Rezound now cheaper at Verizon: $199.99 on contract
- Verizon gives away 16 Samsung Galaxy Nexus smartphones on Twitter