Good news if you own an Acer Iconia Tab A100 or A500 and you bought it in the US! You now know when your beloved tablet will be updated to Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich. Bad news if you own an Acer Iconia Tab A100 or A500 and you bought it in the US! Your beloved tablet will only be updated to Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich in mid-April.
That info comes straight from the horse’s mouth – the horse, in this case, being Acer America, and the mouth being its Twitter account. The company clearly made this announcement as a response of sorts after yesterday its division in Australia and New Zealand broke the news that the ICS update for the Iconia Tab A500 was only going to arrive in April.
As we speculated at the time, there’s no reason for an update to a Wi-Fi-only tablet to arrive a lot later in some parts of the world compared to others, so it was reasonable to expect that the update would be going out worldwide around the same time.
And indeed it will be. So be patient. A month and a half, two months and a half – does it matter how long you need to wait if you know that the update is on its way?
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- Acer Iconia Tab 100 launched in Canada
- Acer Iconia Tab A500 may only be updated to Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich in April
- Acer Iconia Tab A500 will get Android 3.1 update on July 5 in Germany
- Acer Iconia Tab A500 Android 3.1 update has started rolling out
- Acer’s Iconia tablets to receive Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich in January