Huawei continues teaser campaign for its “fastest smartphone yet” – quad core Ascend D1 Q. Getting ready for announcement next Sunday at Mobile World Congress in Barcelona.
We have first learned the name of the new smartphone via Huawei’s chairman status update on a Chinese twitter-like Weibo. Now the company itself took to the micro-blogging service and some other sites to post a series of teaser images for Ascend D1 Q.
While pics do not reveal any design breakthroughs, Huawei D1 Q looks pretty good. And shows the Chinese company is getting ready to step up its game in the smartphone business. From a no-name OEM and cheap Android handset maker, to branded vendor of high end smartphones.
It will be interesting to see how Huawei will do against Samsung, HTC, Sony and Motorola in the premium Android device category. The game at the top just got way more complicated for incumbents.
P.S Huawei marketing folks, I really hope you will rethink your device naming policy. Ascend? D1? Q? This is way too complicated. Diamond, followed by an additional letter/acronym is enough.
Via Techorz, thank’s Alfred
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- Huawei may have become the third biggest smartphone maker in Q2, behind only Samsung and Apple
- Huawei Ascend P1 with Android ICS to have an LTE version?
- Huawei Ascend D Quad and D Quad XL officially launching in late August
- Huawei shipped 55M phones, including 20M smartphones in 2011. 10M U8650 Sonic units. 60M mobile modems
- Huawei Ascend Y 200T gets certified on its way to China Mobile, will bring ICS to the masses