Looks like HTC won’t be the only company to adopt a one word plus one letter branding model for this year’s mobile device lineup. Sony has kept the Xperia brand but apparently decided that just one letter added to that was better than having another word suffixed (a la the Xperia Arc, Neo, etc. from last year). So we have the already announced Xperia S, which will be joined soon by the Xperia U, if recent leaks and rumors are to be believed.
The Xperia U will basically be a smaller (and less powerful) version of the Xperia S, keeping the same design language. A myriad of photos have been leaked today showing the Xperia U and Xperia S side by side, here are the most relevant of those:
The Sony Xperia U should arrive with a 3.5-inch 480×854 touchscreen, a 1 GHz dual-core processor, a 5 MP camera, and a removable battery.
We’re expecting the Xperia U to be officially acknowledged by Sony at Mobile World Congress next week.
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- Sony’s HuaShan to be sold as the Xperia SP. Midrange Xperia L also coming
- Sony LT30 Xperia Mint might be called Xperia T after all
- New Sony Ericsson Xperia Duo picture leaks, all but confirms the phone’s existence
- Sony Xperia T (Mint) gets exhaustively photographed
- Sony Xperia S (Nozomi) official details leak ahead of imminent announcement