AT&T should have launched the Samsung Rugby Smart on February 18, according to past rumors. But that didn’t happen, and we don’t know when this apparently ruggedized smartphone will finally make it to AT&T stores.
What we do have today however are the first images depicting this device. The Samsung Rugby Smart has the model number SGH-I847, and will come with an 800×480 touchscreen, 512 MB of RAM, a 1,650 mAh battery, and it’s going to run Android 2.3.5 Gingerbread.
The rumored price point for the Rugby Smart is around the $100 mark with a new two-year contract, which is decent but not exciting unfortunately. Hopefully the ruggedness of the Rugby Smart will make up for its otherwise low-end specs.
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- Rugged Samsung Rugby III will be available at AT&T on December 14 for $99.99
- AT&T’s Samsung Rugby Smart SGH-i847 officially announced, will be launched on March 4 for $99.99
- AT&T Samsung Galaxy Rugby Pro will be available on October 21 for $99.99
- Rugged Samsung Galaxy Rugby will be launched by Rogers too, pricing leaks
- AT&T intros Samsung Rugby III and Sonim XP5560 Bolt with Enhanced PTT capabilities