The Samsung Rugby Smart SGH-i847 has been finally announced by AT&T, which today unveiled more details about the smartphone, as well as its launch date and price.
The Rugby Smart is far from being the prettiest handset around, but if you’re in need of a rugged device you’ll probably not mind that. The new Rugby is dustproof, shockproof, and waterproof (it can be submerged in up to 1m of water for half an hour).
Running Android 2.3 Gingerbread, the handset features a 3.7 inch WVGA Super AMOLED display, 4G (HSPA+, not LTE), Wi-Fi, GPS, 5MP rear camera with 720p video recording, 1.3MP front-facing camera, 4GB of internal memory, and MicroSD card support. The Rugby Smart measures 122.4mm x 65.9mm x 12.19 mm, and is powered by a 1650 mAh battery.
AT&T will sell the Samsung Rugby Smart starting March 4, both online and in stores, for $99.99 on contract. You can check out an official video preview of the new smartphone below:
Via Press release
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- Samsung ATIV S (Odyssey) with Windows Phone 8, and Samsung ATIV Windows RT Tablet announced
- AT&T Samsung Galaxy Rugby Pro i547 gets updated to Android 4.1 Jelly Bean
- Samsung Galaxy Rugby and Sonim XP5520 Bolt to be launched by Bell Canada
- AT&T Samsung Rugby Smart gets pictured
- Sony Xperia Acro S, Tipo Dual, and Advance coming soon to the US