Aside from the upcoming Droid Fighter and LG Cayman, Verizon is also preparing to introduce a basic non-smartphone – supposedly for those among you who still aren’t into this whole smartphone craze.
The Samsung Brightside, for that’s what it will be called, will, however, feature a touchscreen, alongside a proprietary Samsung interface. The Brightside will also have a full physical side-sliding QWERTY keyboard.
It has a 3.1-inch display and should be out in early March. The pricing should be very affordable (read: free on contract) in order for anyone to seriously consider getting this device, but we don’t know any more details right now.
Suffice to say that those who’d like a phone with a touchscreen but not a smartphone will have one more contender to consider next month.
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- New Samsung Brightside QWERTY phone lands at Verizon tomorrow
- White Motorola RAZR up for pre-order on contract in the UK, free from £21.50/month, ships on March 1
- Verizon’s affordable Pantech Breakout with 4G LTE will be available on September 22
- UK: Huawei Ascend W1 to be an O2 exclusive, out on March 7. Free from £13.50 per month, £119 on PAYG
- Motorola Motoluxe can now be pre-ordered on contract in the UK, free from £13.50 per month