Sony (Ericsson) stated several times that all the Xperia smartphones introduced in 2011 would be updated to Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich this year. Last time we heard about it, the updates were scheduled to arrive in March or April.
Now Sony has launched an Ice Cream Sandwich beta ROM for unlocked 2011 Xperia handsets (Xperia arc S, Xperia neo V, Xperia ray), this way confirming that the final update is coming soon.
Since it’s a beta ROM, this is targeted at developers, and not at regular users, so install at your own risk.
More details on the ICS beta ROM, including how to download it, are available here at Sony’s Developer website. You can see a demo of the beta ROM in action in the video below:
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- Sony Xperia S Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich update now rolling out
- Sony Xperia P Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich update now rolling out
- Sony Xperia Ion LTE getting its Android 4.0 ICS update as of now
- Sony Xperia U, Xperia Go and Xperia Sola getting Android 4.0 ICS starting today
- Sony Ericsson Xperia X1 SDK now available for download