Samsung may not have the next generation flagship to display at Mobile World Congress in Barcelona. But it will have plenty of refreshes to its smaller products to show off.
We already know about Galaxy Ace 2 and Galaxy Mini 2. Today the new Samsung Galaxy Beam and Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 became official.
Galaxy Beam is an update to a projector phone Samsung had launched a couple of years ago, strangely, with the exactly same name. Maybe the first Beam was such a flop that Sammy thinks everybody forgot about it?
The new Galaxy Beam comes with:
- HSPA 14.4/5.76 Mbps 850/900/1900/2100/EDGE/GPRS 850/900/1800/1900
- OS: Android 2.3 (Gingerbread)
- Display: 4.0” 480×800 (WVGA) TFT
- CPU: 1.0GHz Dual-Core
- Camera: 5MP AF + 1.3MP / Flash
- Video: MPEG4, H.263, H.264, WMV, DivX
- Recording/Playback: 720p@30fps
- BT 3.0+HS, 802.11 b/g/n 2.4GHz, MicroUSB, USB 2.0, 3.5mm Ear Jack
- PC Applications
- Memory: 6GB (?!) RAM + 8GB Internal Memory, MicroSD slot (up to 32GB)
- Dimension: 64.2 x 124 x 12.5mm, 145.3 g
- Battery: 2000 mAh
(That 6GB of RAM official Beam spec list, is, most likely, a typo. Probably should have 6Gb or 768MB of RAM. 6GB of RAM do not make any sense in smartphones at this point. Thanks @gauravh1 for helping to figure this one out)
The new 15 lumen Samsung Galaxy Beam can project 50” wide 720p HD quality picture.
Another of Samsung device that got a minor refresh today is its 10.1 tablet, imaginatively named Galaxy Tab 2 10.1.
The second generation 10.1” tablet keeps almost all the specs of it predecessor, Galaxy Tab 10.1, but runs Android 4 Ice Cream Sandwich and adds microSD memory card support.
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- New Samsung Galaxy Beam headed to the UK
- Samsung plans to update 16 devices to Android 4.1 Jelly Bean
- Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 P3110 Android Jelly Bean update started
- Samsung Galaxy Ace 2 and Galaxy Beam use ST-Ericsson NovaThor chips. Ace 2 is available now
- Samsung Galaxy Beam i8520 to be launched in July with Android 2.1, beam projector
« Huawei launches Ascend D quad/quad XL and D1 flagships. Wants to sell 60 million smartphones in 2012HTC One X specs leaked: 1.5 GHz quad-core processor, 4.7-inch screen, 8 MP camera with dual shutter »