After many months of speculation (which intensified vastly over the past few weeks), we finally know when the next Apple iPad will be announced. Wednesday, March 7 is when it will all go down. In San Francisco, as is usually the case with Apple events. And at 10 AM PST, Apple’s favorite time of the day.
Of course this doesn’t unfortunately tell us anything official about specs or even what the new tablet will be called. We’ve been using iPad 3 as the name, but it might as well be unveiled as the iPad HD, iPad 2S, iPad 2HD or a number of other options.
The information about the announcement’s date comes straight from Apple, as it’s started sending out invites for the event, one of which was received by The Verge. It’s surely not a coincidence that this is happening while Mobile World Congress is still happening in Barcelona. In fact we’re a bit surprised that Apple waited this long to crash the event and didn’t spill the news on Sunday (which has become the unofficial start day for the Congress in recent years).
So next week we’ll see a new iPad. Are you getting one?
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- Samsung Galaxy S III to be unveiled on March 15?
- Apple’s new iPad will be announced on March 2
- HTC announces an event for September 19, may unveil new Androids as well as Windows Phones
- Officially confirmed – Nokia will not exhibit at MWC 2010 in Barcelona
- Pre-ordered 4G LTE iPad Mini and iPad 4 models may start shipping around November 20