The LG Connect 4G, complete with LTE support, is now available from MetroPCS. This is that particular carrier’s first smartphone to sport a dual-core 1.2 GHz processor, so it’s certainly up-to-date on the performance side. It’s also got a 4″ touchscreen, a 5 MP camera with 720p HD video recording, plus all the usual connectivity options. It runs Android 2.3 Gingerbread unfortunately, which is getting old fast.
Though if you don’t care about running the latest OS version, and have chosen MetroPCS as your carrier, the LG Connect 4G is a very decent option for being your next phone. That said, aside from the processor there’s nothing particularly high-end about this smartphone – it’s more like a midranger.
The LG Connect 4G can be yours for $319 (after a $30 mail-in rebate). Yes, that’s more expensive than what other carriers are offering, but don’t forget that you won’t have to sign a new long-term contract in this case. So you may pay a little more upfront, but you’ll end up saving in the long run – that’s the logic of these prepaid carriers.
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- Sprint Samsung Conquer 4G will get a $49.99 Buy One Get One free offer starting on January 8
- Samsung Galaxy S III will be released by Boost Mobile on June 12, yours for $399.99 sans contract
- Sprint gets rid of mail-in rebates starting on March 27 for an unspecified period of time
- MetroPCS LG Spirit 4G launches with 4.5″ screen, $199 price sans contract
- Samsung Galaxy Lightray 4G with Android and Dyle TV available now at MetroPCS