Verizon posts Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich updates list. HTC, Motorola, Samsung and LG devices included
Verizon Wireless has just unveiled a list of smartphones and tablets that would be updated to Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich sometime later this year. Of course, we knew about some of the devices included (like Motorola’s new Droids and Xyboards), but it’s really nice to se an official list.
The Verizon smartphones that will get a taste of ICS are:
- HTC Thunderbolt
- HTC Droid Incredible 2
- HTC Rhyme
- HTC Rezound
- LG Spectrum
- Motorola Droid 4
- Motorola Droid Bionic
- Motorola Droid Razr
- Motorola Droid Razr Maxx
The tablets are:
- Motorola Droid Xyboard 8.2
- Motorola Droid Xyboard 10.1
- Motorola Xoom
- Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1
- Samsung Galaxy Tab 7.7
As you can see, handsets like the Samsung Droid Charge, Samsung Stratosphere, Motorola Droid X2 or Pantech Breakout have been left out. However, Verizon says it “will continue to update this list as additional details become available throughout the year”, so don’t lose your hope just yet if your beloved device isn’t on the list.
Verizon is already offering an Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich smartphone – the Samsung Galaxy Nexus, released at the end of last year for $299.99 on contract.
Via Press release
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- Verizon’s HTC Rezound, Motorola Droid Razr and Razr Maxx to get Android 4.0 ICS updates next week?
- Verizon announces Motorola Droid Xyboard 10.1, Xyboard 8.2, white Droid Razr
- Verizon Motorola Droid Xyboard tablets get priced, may be released on December 8
- Verizon’s Motorola Droid Bionic and Xyboard 8.2 will be updated to Android ICS in Q4
- Verizon’s Samsung Galaxy Stratosphere II gets Android 4.1 Jelly Bean. Droid Bionic update coming next quarter