We don’t know, but the fact is that Canadian retailers Future Shop and Best Buy are both offering the iPad 2 at significant discounts already. With no other theories at hand, we have to assume that they’re getting ready for Apple’s news that we’ll hear in less than three hours.
Only the 3G-enabled versions of the iPad 2 have seen the price cuts so far, but they aren’t small ones. Each model is now $150 cheaper than its normal price. So the 16 GB iPad 2 with Wi-Fi and 3G now costs $499.95 (it’s usually $649.99), the 32 GB iPad 2 with Wi-Fi and 3G can be yours for $599.95 (whereas it’s usually sold for $749.99), and the 64 GB iPad 2 with Wi-Fi and 3G is now just $699.95, as opposed to the usual price of $849.99.
So if you don’t care at all about all the new bells and whistles that the iPad HD will come with, now’s probably a great time to get yourself a cheap iPad 2. And we expect this to become the case on a global scale right after Apple finishes announcing the new iPad.
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- Black Friday: Apple discounts newest iPad by up to $61
- Apple iPad finally arrives in India on January 28
- Apple reportedly ordered 65 to 70 million iPad 3 panels
- iPad Mini now just $299 at Walmart
- Want to buy an iPad 2 online? You’ll have to wait “4-5 weeks” until you actually get one