Virgin Mobile Venture by Alcatel (QWERTY Android) now up for pre-order for $99.99, ships on March 15
Virgin Mobile has a new Android-powered smartphone on offer starting today. It’s an own-brand device made by Alcatel. It’s called Virgin Mobile Venture and it was leaked back in December. It’s a QWERTY candybar, and it’s priced at $99.99.
It isn’t available just yet, but you can pre-order one right now from Virgin Mobile. The Venture is expected to start shipping on March 15, which is this Thursday. So pre-ordering won’t mean you’ll have to wait a lot until the device reaches you.
The Venture has a 2.8-inch touchscreen, a 600 MHz processor, a 2 MP camera with LED flash and video recording support, 512 MB of RAM, microSD card support, 3G, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, a 3.5 mm headset jack, and it runs Android 2.3 Gingerbread.
[UPDATE] The Virgin Mobile Venture is in fact made by Alcatel, and not ZTE as we initially reported. When this story was written there was no official press release on the matter, and earlier leaks claimed the Venture would be made by ZTE. The story and title have been edited to replace mentions of ZTE with Alcatel. Sprint’s official news item about the Venture can be found here.
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- Virgin Mobile Venture and Chaser coming soon with Android, probably made by ZTE
- Alcatel One Touch 918 with Android Gingerbread, and dual-SIM Alcatel 318D coming soon
- Virgin Mobile JukeB runs Android Gingerbread, has full QWERTY keyboard
- Alcatel OT-980 is like a Palm Pre with Android (video)
- Virgin Mobile’s LG Optimus V with Android 2.2 available at RadioShack