HTC’s official list of phones upgradeable to Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich contains no Desire Z, no Flyer
HTC has just posted – again – a list of Android 2.3 Gingerbread smartphones that will definitely be updated to Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich at some point this year. In fact, a few of the devices on the list are already getting the ICS treatment in some markets, and I’m talking about the HTC Sensation and HTC Sensation XE. The next two handsets that will receive updates are the Sensation XL, and T-Mobile USA’s Sensation 4G.
The rest of the devices are:
- HTC Amaze 4G
- HTC Droid Incredible 2
- HTC Desire S
- HTC Desire HD
- HTC EVO 3D
- HTC EVO Design 4G
- HTC Incredible S
- HTC Raider
- HTC Rezound
- HTC Rhyme
- HTC Thunderbolt
- HTC Vivid
Sorry, HTC Desire Z and HTC Flyer owners – it looks like you’ve been left out.
HTC is unable to provide exact timeframes for every update. So if your handset is on the list, you just have to wait. Ice Cream Sandwich will come, eventually.
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- HTC Thunderbolt, Droid Incredible 2, Rhyme, and Raider will all get Ice Cream Sandwich updates
- First HTC devices to get ICS? Sensation, Sensation XE and 4G at the end of March. Others to follow
- HTC Thunderbolt, Desire S, Sensation and others to get Android 4.0 ICS updates by the end of August
- HTC Rezound, Amaze 4G, Sensation and others confirmed to get Android Ice Cream Sandwich
- HTC Desire HD to get Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich starting this month?