Amazon’s Appstore for Android was launched in March 2011, hence it’s now turning 1. Amazon doesn’t want to let this occasion pass without celebrating, so it has announced a full week of deals, starting today, March 15.
The deals will allow you to buy a number of popular games and apps for %50 (or even more) off. Some of the titles that have been discounted, or will be in the next few days, are: Fruit Ninja, Plants vs. Zombies, Tetris, Pac-Man, Monopoly, The Lost City, AccuWeather Platinum, Wolfram Alpha, Splashtop Remote Desktop, Dr. Seuss’s The Shape of Me and Other Stuff, TuneIn Radio Pro, and Jamie Oliver’s 20 Minute Meals.
In addition to deals, Amazon is organizing a sweepstakes that will allow eight lucky participants to win a Kindle Fire each. Yes, new Kindle Fires are coming soon, but free older ones are certainly welcome. The sweepstakes will end on March 31. More details on how Amazon is celebrating the Appstore’s first birthday are available here (note that the sweepstakes doesn’t seem to be live yet).
Amazon says its Appstore for Android is now offering over 31,000 applications – about 27.000 more than the number of apps it started with last year. The company didn’t disclose the exact number of downloads made since the Appstore was launched, but it’s most likely higher than anyone expects.
Via Press release
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- Amazon has already ordered 2 million Kindle Fire 2s from Quanta to ship on August 7
- 8.9 inch Amazon Kindle Fire with Full HD resolution to join other two new 7 inch models?
- Amazon’s Kindle Fire may be headed to the UK in January
- Amazon Appstore makes it to the UK, Germany, France, Italy, and Spain
- Amazon has sold over 2 million Kindle Fire tablets so far