Although Windows Phone 7.5 Refresh (also known as Tango) won’t be officially launched until March 21, the first handset that runs it is already available in China, as of yesterday. The handset is the HTC Triumph, and it has just been unboxed – in case you want to see it in detail.
The Triumph isn’t exactly a new device. It’s just a rebranded HTC Titan, so it features a large 4.7 inch WVGA display, 8MP rear camera, 1.3MP front-facing camera, 1.5GHz single-core processor, and 16GB of internal memory. Windows Phone Refresh / Tango runs smoothly on it, as proven by the video embedded below:
Nokia is expected to launch a few Windows Phone devices in China, too (possibly the Lumia 800C and Lumia 719C), but this will happen only towards the end of the month, on March 28. Nokia also has the new and affordable Lumia 610, which should bring Windows Phone Refresh / Tango to Europe starting the next few months.
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- Windows Phone 7.5 Refresh (Tango) launches on March 21 in China
- ZTE Mimosa with Windows Phone Tango to be launched in May, should be as cheap as Nokia’s Lumia 610
- HTC Triumph (a rebranded Titan) to be China’s first Windows Phone, available on March 14
- No TD-SCDMA Windows Phones until Apollo? China Mobile wants deeper UI customization on WP8
- Microsoft is planning worldwide Windows Phone 7.5 Refresh (Tango) push starting in April