Apple’s new iPad went on sale this Friday, on March 16. Demand for it is huge, this making the Cupertino company unable to ship current orders right away. At the moment, orders are being shipped “in 2-3 weeks”.
If you consider buying a new iPad, too, you should first hear this: over at the official Apple Support forums, there are many users reporting that the new tablet has overheating issues. Most of those who are signaling problems say that the new iPad (both the LTE and WiFi-only versions) gets “uncomfortably warm” on the bottom left side after being used for a short period of time (less than an hour).
You can read all the reports here (for now there are 12 pages full of posts from slightly disappointed iPad owners).
Apple has not officially confirmed any overheating issues with the new iPad. But I guess it will pretty soon, since more and more users are posting on its official forums about the problem.
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- Apple Stores Opening Early Tomorrow. New iPad 2 Stock?
- iPad users deal with Wi-Fi issues one day after official launch
- Latest 3rd-gen iPhone Pics Brought to Life
- iPhone 4 also has reception problems, “brilliant design” is to blame
- iOS 6.1 update for iPhone 4S has issues, Vodafone doesn’t recommend it