Over the past month or so, we’ve seen the Droid Fighter leaked on its way to Verizon twice already. But that’s not ‘seen’ as in actually having images of it floating around. Rather, it was part of two different leaked roadmaps. And strangely, neither of those had any mention of the company who’d actually be making this smartphone.
Well, the mystery has now been revealed. It’s Motorola. And the Droid Fighter is shaping up to be just a Droid RAZR with an HD touchscreen, and without any physical Android buttons. Therefore it’s pretty much a given that it will be launched running Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich, the version of Google’s OS which supports software-rendered on-screen Android keys.
The Fighter has been spotted alongside the Droid RAZR by someone who loves shooting blurry photos, and what you see above ensued. The touchscreen will apparently be a 4.6-inch unit, and this would be the first phone Moto releases in the US with an HD screen. The Droid Fighter will supposedly come with a 3,300 mAh battery, just like the RAZR MAXX.
The Motorola Droid Fighter could land in April. And it would be the third RAZR variant to arrive at Verizon in about six months. That’s a lot, so we’ll see how consumers, and especially early adopters of the other two RAZR variations, will take this.
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- New Motorola Droid Razr HD (XT926) possibly headed to Verizon, could be the Droid Fighter
- Motorola Droid RAZR HD and Droid RAZR MAXX HD could arrive in October
- Some more pics of Verizon’s Motorola Droid X2 leak, it still looks exactly like its predecessor
- Verizon Motorola Droid Razr HD and Razr Maxx HD available now
- Verizon’s Motorola Droid Razr HD (XT926) passes the FCC