Today, Sprint and HTC have sent out invites to an event that will take place in New Work City, on April 4. The two companies will unveil “their latest collaboration” then. And while there aren’t more official details on this, we assume Sprint and HTC are going to announce a CDMA / LTE version of the HTC One X, rumored to be called HTC Jet.
The Jet is supposed to be released by Sprint on June 10, so an announcement in early April does make sense. Of course, it remains to be seen if the third largest US mobile carrier and HTC will showcase this device, or something else.
(the HTC One X seen behind the invite isn’t included in the original; it’s just added by us)
The HTC One X has been already confirmed by AT&T, which will sell it under the name of HTC One XL (because, unlike the European version, it has LTE and a dual-core Snapdragon S4 processor). Most likely, Sprint’s version of the One X will also use a Qualcomm S4 chip, since the quad-core Tegra 3 chip found on the European edition can’t handle LTE. More details will probably be unveiled soon, so stick around.
Via The Verge
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- Sprint HTC One also launching on April 19. T-Mobile’s version will come with free car kit
- Sprint’s Samsung Galaxy Nexus to be released on April 22, LG Viper on April 15?
- Sprint Motorola Photon 4G will be available on July 31 for $199.99
- Sprint announces the BlackBerry Curve 3G 9330, 4G App Challenge
- Sprint HTC Evo One (Jet) appears next to AT&T’s One XL and T-Mobile’s One S