Yesterday, Rovio released the fourth installment of its hugely popular Angry Birds series, called Angry Birds Space. For now, the mobile version of the game is available only on iOS and Android, hence Windows Phone users have been left out, despite the fact that the original Angry Birds is a top app in Windows Marketplace.
Fortunately, Reuters has it that Angry Birds Space is coming to Windows Phone, although earlier today Bloomberg reported that it would not. Reuters is quoting Rovio Chief Executive Mikael Hed, who declared: “We are working towards getting Angry Birds Space to WP7,” without providing any timeframe for the launch. So it may take a while for the new game to get on your WP handset, but at least you’ll have it eventually.
Mikael Hed was also quoted as saying: “We are working closely together with Nokia to bring our games to their platforms. Our mutual goal is to bring the best possible experience to our fans, including all fans using Windows Phone devices.”
Nokia and Rovio are both based in Espoo, Finland, so it certainly makes sense for them to be friends.
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- Ads-free Angry Birds for Android to come next month
- Angry Birds Rio for Android will debut via Amazon Appstore
- New Angry Birds Rio coming in March to iPhone, Android, Ovi Store (video trailer)
- Angry Birds Seasons updated with Easter Eggs (iOS, Android, Symbian, WebOS)
- Angry Birds Coming to Windows Phone; 3D Version in the Works