Rumors regarding Amazon’s upcoming Kindle Fire tablets are getting stronger, and at the same time more confusing, with each passing day. Earlier this month, we told you that Amazon would launch a 7 inch Kindle Fire 2, plus a 10-inch Kindle Fire in the second half of the year.
Now, a number of Taiwanese publications are reporting that we’ll actually see three new Kindle Fires. Two of them will have 7 inch displays with different resolutions: 1024 x 600 pixels (like the original model, released last year), and 1280 x 800 pixels. The third one should come with an 8.9 inch full HD (1920 x 1200) display.
If real, the Full HD 8.9 inch Kindle Fire could be a threat to Apple’s new iPad. But it remains to be seen if Amazon wants to launch such a tablet, which should be pretty high-end. The current Kindle Fire (pictured above) is an entry-level device, and that’s why it costs only $199.99.
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- Amazon Kindle Fire 2 coming in the second half of the year alongside new 10-inch model
- Amazon announces new Kindle Fire, Kindle Fire HD, and Kindle Paperwhite. No smartphone in sight
- Amazon Kindle Fire could be dropped to $149 when HD Kindle Fire 2 launches in Q3, rumor says
- Amazon’s Kindle Fire may be headed to the UK in January
- Amazon reportedly working on a smartphone, alongside 4 new Kindle Fire tablets