Sony has reportedly confirmed that the Xperia S would be released by Vodafone Australia on April 11. Also on that day, retailer Crazy John will start offering the smartphone unlocked, in both white, and black.
Optus should sell the new Xperia starting “early April”. Other Australian retailers that will have the handset include: Allphones, Dick Smith Electronics, Harvey Norman, JB Hifi, and Telechoice.
For the moment, there’s no word if Telstra is planning to sell the Xperia S, too.
Running Android 2.3 Gingerbread (upgradable to Android 4.0 ICS), the Sony Xperia S features a 4.3 inch Reality Display with 1280 x 720 pixels, 1.5GHz dual-core processor, 1GB of RAM, 32GB of internal memory, and a 12MP rear camera with 1080p video recording.
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- Sony Ericsson Xperia Neo to be released by Telstra in Australia
- Sony Ericsson Xperia Play to be launched by all Australian carriers
- Sony Xperia P to be launched by Telstra in Australia on June 26
- Sony Xperia P and Xperia U officially launched in Australia (via Telstra, Crazy John’s)
- Sony Ericsson Xperia Arc headed to Optus, Vodafone Australia