Best Buy has been taking pre-orders for the smartphone ever since last month. And that particular retailer is where this rumor allegedly originated. See, the story goes that Best Buy sent a customer who pre-ordered a One X an email in which it said that the phone would be delivered on May 6. Of course we’re meant to believe that this was all a mistake on Best Buy’s part (publicizing the date, not the date itself). Whether that’s so or not is impossible to tell right now.
On the other hand, this could in fact be the first shipping estimation that we’ve had for AT&T’s One X. Back when pre-orders started (and until today), the retailer didn’t give anyone any hint about when they’d finally launch the handset. So May 6 could be it. There are still quite a few weeks to go until then, so we’re probably going to find out more about this pretty soon.
Via Android Central
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- Asus Transformer Prime may be out in the US on November 28 or December 16, Canada on December 5
- Samsung Galaxy Tab 8.9 now up for pre-order at Best Buy, priced from $469.99
- UK: HTC Flyer now on pre-order at Carphone Warehouse for £599.99, ships in May
- Sprint Samsung Epic 4G Touch pre-orders start for $149.99, shipping on September 16
- Acer A501 Iconia Tab 4G pre-orders start at Amazon for $499.99