Often times a third party phone seller such as Amazon will cut the on-contract price for one device or another, sometimes down to incredibly cool levels. But it’s a very rare thing for Verizon itself to do the same thing. Or match Amazon’s pricing for one of its smartphones.
Yet that’s exactly what has happened to the HTC Rezound, the Taiwanese company’s current Android flagship on Big Red. The Rezound can be had for just $49.99 with a new two-year contract at this point, from both Amazon and Verizon.
While the fact that Amazon lists such a price is hardly surprising, Verizon’s move may signify something different entirely. The oft-rumored HTC Droid Incredible 4G may finally be launched later this month, according to the latest rumor on the matter. And this price cut for the Rezound may have something to do with that. Chances are that when the Incredible 4G arrives, the Rezound will be kept around by Verizon for a couple more months, but with more affordable pricing. That’s what usually happens with last year’s flagships.
That said, at $49.99, and with the update to Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich well on its way, the Rezound looks to us like a great deal if your carrier of choice is big and red. Especially if you’re also a fan of HTC (since you could be getting a Galaxy Nexus for just $50 more).
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- Verizon HTC Rezound discounted at Amazon again, now only $150 on contract
- Verizon Galaxy Nexus (Droid Prime) and HTC Rezound (Vigor) launch pegged for Nov. 10th. Price- $299
- Verizon HTC Droid Incredible 4G launches on April 26, 16 GB Galaxy Nexus pegged for April 5
- Verizon’s HTC Droid Incredible 4G LTE will be priced at $149.99, leaked document claims
- Verizon’s HTC Rezound with Beats Audio available starting today