After leaving Sony, Maria Sharapova is now Samsung’s publicity ambassador (already promoting the Galaxy Note)
Samsung has announced that its new publicity ambassador is Maria Sharapova, one of the world’s best-known tennis players. As you may recall, Sharapova has been Sony Ericsson’s brand ambassador for the last few years, but the agreement with the company (which has now become Sony Mobile Communication) ended in late 2011.
According to Bloomberg, the deal between Samsung and Sharapova currently covers only Russia (the tennis player’s home country) and the CSI, but it may go global in 2013. Anyway, Sharapova will endorse Samsung’s mobile phones, tablets, and TVs for the next three years. The star has already posed with the Galaxy Nexus, alongside some of her colleagues from the Russian national women’s tennis team:
(Maria Sharapova is one right)
Apart from convincing people to buy Sony Ericsson phones in the past, Maria Sharapova has been also brand ambassador for Motorola – back in 2004, when she helped the American company in promoting the then popular Razr flip phones.
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- Sony Ericsson Equinox announced by T-Mobile USA
- Sony Ericsson and Maria Sharapova officially announce the T707
- Sony Ericsson Equinox (T707) coming to T-Mobile USA in October
- #CTIA09: Sony Ericsson Maria Sharapova Phone, Sans Maria
- Samsung Galaxy Ace, C3322 and C3520 La Fleur editions announced