Virgin Mobile could start selling the HTC Evo 3D later this year. Yes, that Evo 3D, the year-old device that has so far failed to sell in any significant numbers.
The most important difference between the device that Virgin will have and the one that’s been at Sprint all this time is the name. Virgin is apparently going to go with HTC Evo V 4G, for some reason. Perhaps all that 3D gimmickry isn’t worthy of a mention in the handset’s name, Virgin may have concluded.
The Evo V will come in both grey and the plum color that was once a Best Buy exclusive for Sprint’s Evo 3D. And aside from the new name, this is the Evo 3D, for all intents and purposes.
Unfortunately there’s no info yet on pricing or a release date, but we’ll bring those to you as soon as we get them.
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- Plum HTC Evo 3D now available at Amazon for $49.99
- Canada: HTC Sensation will cost $149.95 at Bell and Virgin Mobile
- AT&T officially acknowledges the existence of the Facebook-centric HTC Status (its ChaCha)
- White Samsung Galaxy Nexus officially announced, hits the streets in the UK on February 13
- LG Marquee is Sprint’s Optimus Black, press shots leaked