Nokia is adding a new service to its Lumia smartphones, joining the likes of Nokia Music and Nokia Reading. The new service is called Nokia TV, and, as its name suggests, it will act as a hub that allows users to access TV programs.
Nokia TV will be first released to Lumia handsets in Finland, starting the coming weeks.
“With Nokia TV we are bringing existing services in Finland together in a convenient way. We’re making it easier for people to find and watch TV, while supporting broadcasters’ existing internet TV business models,” declared Mika Suomela, head of TV and video at Nokia.
Nokia TV will be free. For now, there’s no word on when the service will be launched in other countries. But I guess Nokia will announce more details soon.
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- Nokia Ovi Movies On-Demand service coming this fall
- Nokia Lumia 900, Lumia 719, Windows Phone Tango and Apollo launch dates leaked by someone in Finland
- Windows Phone 8-like Start screen, plus other enhancements coming in future update to Nokia Lumia 900, 800, 710 and 610
- Nokia Lumia 900 to come in white, too
- White Nokia Lumia 800 gets official, will be launched this month