Last summer, there were quite a few leaks that claimed to talk about (and show) a Sony Ericsson Xperia Duo. This was supposedly going to be that company’s first smartphone to come with a dual-core processor and was slated for release in September. However, months have passed and we haven’t heard anything new about the Xperia Duo since July 2011. Until today.
It looks like the Xperia Duo may become reality after all. That’s because the newly-renamed Sony Mobile Communications has filed for a trademark for the Xperia Duo name with the USPTO on March 28. This means that Sony has at least some intention to use this name in a shipping product.
Of course, there’s quite a way to go from intention to reality, but we’re hopeful nonetheless. One thing is clear, though: the Xperia Duo can’t be Sony’s first dual-core smartphone anymore.
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- Sony Xperia S finally launched in the UK, only via Three for now
- Samsung files for “Vita OS” trademark – another mobile OS?
- Sony Ericsson files for Nexus UI trademark
- Sony Xperia S will be offered with £30 worth of free accessories in the UK
- Sony Xperia S could be launched in the UK this month