Already released in some markets (including the UK), the Sony Xperia S is now ready to be introduced in India. According to Sony India’s official Facebook page, the new smartphone will be available to Indian customers next week, starting April 10, being offered with free accessories worth $80, and 50GB of free cloud space on Box.
Sony India didn’t unveil the official price of the Xperia S. However, retailer LetsBuy suggests the handset will cost about 32,500 INR ($635).
The Xperia S is the first Android smartphone that bears Sony’s brand. It runs Android 2.3 Gingerbread (upgradeable to 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich), and features – among others – a 4.3 inch HD display with Mobile BRAVIA Engine, 12MP rear camera with LED flash and 1080p video recording, 1.3MP front-facing camera, 1.5GHz dual-core processor, 1GB of RAM, and 32GB of internal memory.
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- Sony Ericsson Xperia Arc to be launched on March 21 in the UK
- Sony Xperia S finally launched in the UK, only via Three for now
- Sony Xperia S launching in Canada on April 17, compatible with Rogers’ network
- Sony Xperia S released in India. Xperia U, Xperia P, and Xperia Sola to follow
- Sony Xperia P and Xperia U officially launched in Australia (via Telstra, Crazy John’s)