We’ve seen the ruggedized Samsung Galaxy Rugby headed to Bell in Canada, but it won’t be the only carrier to release this device up north.
Rogers is joining in, and luckily for you all the pricing info has been leaked. So you’ll be able to pick up a Galaxy Rugby from Rogers for $49.99 with a three-year contract, $99.99 with a two-year agreement, $149.99 with a one-year term, and $279.99 without a contract.
What you’ve probably gathered from those price points is that aside from its ruggedness, there’s nothing very special about this device. And you’d be right, it’s nothing more than a lower-midrange offering. Still, that rugged thing could help it sell a lot more than any similarly-specced handsets.
The Samsung Galaxy Rugby has a 3.65-inch 480×320 touchscreen, a 3.2 MP rear camera, a secondary front-facing camera, an 800 MHz processor, plus all the usual connectivity options. It runs Android 2.3 Gingerbread and is dustproof and waterproof, and the screen is made with Gorilla Glass.
There’s no conclusive leaked intel about the release date, but April 11 was what the most recent rumor said. So that may be it. Or not. We’ll see.
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- Samsung Rugby and ZTE Rock F165 prepared by Rogers
- Telus HTC Amaze 4G to be launched on November 4, priced from $99.99
- Samsung Galaxy Rugby and Sonim XP5520 Bolt to be launched by Bell Canada
- AT&T Samsung Galaxy Rugby Pro will be available on October 21 for $99.99
- Samsung Galaxy Note headed to Rogers Canada