Back in May of last year, AT&T introduced the Pantech Crossover, an Android smartphone featuring a full physical side-sliding QWERTY keyboard. Up until today, the Crossover has been stuck running Android 2.2 Froyo. However, if you own one of these, here’s some good news.
The update to Android 2.3 Gingerbread is now available to download and install. Unfortunately though, it won’t arrive over-the-air. You’ll need a Windows application to install the update, and yes, your Crossover will need to be connected to a Windows PC for it to work.
If you don’t mind that though, the process is pretty straightforward. All the necessary instructions, as well as the all-important download link, can be found here at Pantech.
In addition to the OS upgrade, this update also fixes some bugs. Needless to say then, it’s recommended that you apply it as soon as possible.
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- AT&T intros the Pantech Crossover P8000 with Android 2.2
- Vodafone Updates Touch Pro2 to WinMo 6.5
- T-Mobile’s Springboard and Samsung Galaxy Tab 7.0 Plus get their ICS fix today and tomorrow
- Acer Liquid E Froyo update now available in Canada for Rogers and Fido customers
- Turn your Nokia Internet Tablet into an extra PC screen