Last week, we told you that Samsung may plan to introduce three new Windows Phone devices this year, and two of them could come with Windows Phone 8 Apollo. Now, according to ePrice, Samsung Taiwan has confirmed that it would release a WP Apollo handset in the second half of the year.
The new Samsung WP 8 device should be out in October the earliest – since Microsoft will most likely not release the next iteration of its mobile OS before that. Unfortunately, for now there are no specific details on what the handset will bring, other than the new version of Windows Phone.
(Omnia W, one of Samsung’s latest Windows Phones, introduced last year running Mango)
Before the new WP 8 device mentioned above, Samsung should launch the LTE-capable Mandel SGH-i667, which will run Windows Phone 7.5 Refresh (aka Tango). We’ll bring more on this as soon as we get new details.
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- Microsoft is planning worldwide Windows Phone 7.5 Refresh (Tango) push starting in April
- Samsung to launch 3 Windows Phone handsets in 2012, LTE-capable Mandel included
- HTC Triumph doesn’t wait for Windows Phone 7.5 Tango’s official launch, gets unboxed
- ZTE Mimosa with Windows Phone Tango to be launched in May, should be as cheap as Nokia’s Lumia 610
- Nokia Lumia 800 with LTE coming to AT&T in 2012?