The HTC Droid Incredible 4G (first leaked as the HTC Fireball) might end up having a longer name when Verizon finally decides to launch it. And that won’t be “Droid Incredible 3 4G”, as previously rumored, but Droid Incredible 4G LTE. At least that’s what PocketNow believes, based on info coming from “and established” accessory manufacturer.
Of course, Verizon’s only 4G technology is LTE, hence the new handset’s name is rather redundant. But it’s not the first time when a smartphone gets an unnecessarily long name in the US, so I guess we shouldn’t be surprised if it’s happening this time, too.
(photos via Droid-life)
Whatever its final name turns out to be, the Fireball / Droid Incredible 4G LTE should feature Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich, a qHD display, Bluetooth 4.0, 1GB of RAM, 1.2GHz dual-core processor, VGA front-facing camera, and an 8MP rear camera with flash. The handset could be released on April 26. We’ll obviously let you know if that happens.
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- Verizon’s HTC Fireball could be launched as Droid Incredible 4G. LG Lucid 4G and blue Motorola Razr also coming soon?
- Verizon’s HTC Droid Incredible 4G (Fireball) hits the FCC, LTE included
- Verizon HTC Droid Incredible 4G (Fireball) render leaks
- Verizon HTC Droid Incredible 4G launches on April 26, 16 GB Galaxy Nexus pegged for April 5
- Verizon HTC Droid Incredible 2 costs only $79.99 at Amazon