Earlier this week, when Sony announced the upcoming launch of the Xperia S in Canada, it didn’t say how much the handset would cost. But we did hear that you’d be able to get an Xperia S with a new contract on Rogers for $99.99.
Now, for those who plan to buy the new smartphone outright, we have good news: it won’t be too expensive.
According to MobileSyrup, Sony Stores across Canada are already taking pre-orders for the Xperia S at the price of $499.99.
As already reported, the Sony Xperia S will become available in Canada starting April 17 (this Tuesday). It will come with a 4.3 inch HD Reality Display, 1.5GHz dual-core processor, 1GB of RAM, and a 12MP rear camera with 1080p video recording. At launch, the Xperia S will run Android 2.3 Gingerbread, but an update to Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich should follow shortly.
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- Sony Xperia S launching in Canada on April 17, compatible with Rogers’ network
- Sony Xperia S will be offered with £30 worth of free accessories in the UK
- Sony Xperia S coming to Orange UK, Vodafone has no plans to offer it
- Sony Xperia S priced in the UK (£467.99 SIM-free), should be out in early March
- AT&T Sony Xperia Ion to be out in June?