When Nokia announced the 808 PureView, it said the smartphone would cost €450 before taxes and subsidies. Now the handset has been priced in the UK, where retailer Clove is asking £538.80 for it. That’s about €653, or $850 – probably way more than anyone had expected. However, let’s not forget that the 808 PureView is the first handset to feature a 41MP rear camera, and is likely the best camera phone ever made.
Clove allows customers to pre-order the new device here, but for now it can’t provide a launch date for it.
Great camera aside, the Nokia 808 PureView features a 4 inch ClearBlack AMOLED display with 640 x 360 pixels, Symbian Belle, HSPA, Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, DLNA, GPS, 512MB of RAM, 1.3GHz single-core processor, and 16GB of internal memory.
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- Nokia PureView 808 might be released in the UK on June 21
- Nokia PureView 808 officially “coming soon” to the US
- Unlocked Nokia 808 PureView to be launched in the US soon
- Nokia 700 (with Symbian Belle) priced in the UK. Nokia 500 coming this month to Portugal
- New Nokia 801 with Symbian Belle coming soon?