Following in the footsteps of the HTC Evo 3G which is on its way to Virgin Mobile, the Evo Design 4G is going to be sold by the other prepaid carrier associated with Sprint.
Both Virgin and Boost Mobile have lately been adding more and more high-end smartphones to their lineups, so this is a normal and not at all unexpected step.
According to PocketNow, the HTC Evo Design 4G will arrive at Boost Mobile before the end of this quarter (so before the end of June). It will be the exact same device that Sprint has been selling since October, with one big exception – it will apparently launch running Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich, and not Gingerbread. Aside from that, it will probably be a lot more affordable, and will obviously come sans the long-term contract signing requirement. We’ll keep you posted.
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- HTC Evo Design 4G arrives at Boost Mobile on May 31
- LG Optimus Black and Samsung Replenish for Boost Mobile pictured
- Sprint intros HTC Evo Design 4G and ZTE Warp (for Boost) Android phones
- Samsung Galaxy S II arrives at Virgin Mobile on November 15
- HTC Evo 3D could be sold by Virgin Mobile as the Evo V 4G