According to Mobile Syrup, Fido will launch the Xperia U sometime soon. Unfortunately, there’s no word on the price of the new handset. However, it will definitely be lower than the price of the Xperia S, which costs $499.99 off-contract. The Xperia U runs Android 2.3 Gingerbread, and features a 3.5 inch FWVGA display, HSPA, Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, A-GPS, 5MP rear camera, VGA front-facing camera, 1GHz dual-core processor, 512MB of RAM, and 4GB of internal memory.
Another new Android handset that’s coming to Fido soon is the LG Optimus L7 (this one is also headed to Rogers). The L7 is 8.7mm thin, and features Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich, a 4.3 inch WVGA display, 1GHz single-core processor, and a 5MP rear camera. The smartphone’s price at Fido hasn’t been confirmed.
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- LG Optimus 2X, SE Xperia Pro and Samsung Galaxy Q to be launched by Fido Canada
- LG Optimus L7 and Sony Xperia U and launched in Canada (by Rogers, Fido)
- Sony Xperia P and Xperia U delayed in the UK until late May
- ZTE intros PF200 and N910 Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich phones with LTE
- Motorola Razr to be launched by Fido in Canada