Already available in Taiwan (as of late April), the Sony Xperia Ion will be introduced in the US, too, via AT&T. While neither Sony, nor AT&T has announced an official launch date for the handset, two Google ads spotted recently suggest that AT&T’s new Xperia will be available starting June.
Back in January, when AT&T and Sony unveiled the Xperia Ion, they said the smartphone would be out in Q2 – so it makes sense for it to be released before the end of June.
The Xperia Ion is Sony’s first LTE phone. It features a 4.55 inch HD display, 1.5GHz dual-core Quaclomm processor, 1GB of RAM, 16GB of internal memory, and a 12MP rear camera. At the moment, the Ion runs Android 2.3 Gingerbread, but it will be updated to Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich.
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- Sony Xperia P and Xperia U delayed in the UK until late May
- New Sony Xperia LT29i Hayabusa and ST21i Tapioca with Android ICS pictured
- Sony Xperia P to be launched by Telstra in Australia on June 26
- Sony Xperia U and LG Optimus L7 headed to Fido Canada
- New Sony Xperia LTE Android phone to be launched in June, could be the LT29i Hayabusa