Sprint has finally confirmed the release date of its HTC Evo 4G LTE, which is available for pre-orders since May 7. The handset will be out on May 18 (as previously rumored), costing $199.99 with a new 2-yr contract agreement.
Introduced as the third LTE smartphone on Sprint, the new Evo comes with Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich, Sense 4 UI, a 4.7-inch HD display, Beats Audio, 1.5GHz dual-core Snapdragon S4 processor, 1GB of RAM, 8MP rear camera with HTC ImageSense, 1.3MP front-facing camera, and a 2,000 mAh battery. The handset also features HD voice capabilities. However, since Sprint will only deploy “HD Voice networks in the future as part of its Network Vision upgrades”, this feature won’t be available on the Evo 4G LTE from day one.
Via Press release
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- Sprint Samsung Conquer 4G now free with contract, $79.99 for renewals
- HTC Evo 4G LTE will be available starting 8 AM in Sprint stores (on May 18)
- Sprint HTC Evo 4G now free with two-year contract
- Sprint HTC Evo 4G LTE with Android ICS announced as the first HD voice-capable smartphone in the US
- Pre-order the HTC Evo 4G LTE for Sprint for just $149.99 at Wirefly