The update to Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich has started rolling out to Asus Eee Pad Slider tablets sold in the US today. The update will naturally arrive over-the-air, and as such you’ll be able to install it directly on your tablet. After applying the update, your Slider will run software version 18.104.22.168.
While not nearly as successful as the Transformer series, the Eee Pad Slider brings a unique design to the Android tablet world, one that’s unlikely to be repeated (because of the aforementioned lack of success). So if you like your tablet to come with an integrated physical keyboard (or just hate docks), give the Slider another look.
With this rollout, all of Asus’ tablets now run Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich, just as the company promised last year. That’s something that its competitors (Samsung mainly) can’t brag about.
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- Asus Eee Pad tablets to be updated to Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich
- Archos 101 G9 and 80 G9 tablets will be updated to Android 4.0 in the first week of February
- Asus wants to become leader in non-Apple tablets, says its Transformers are protected by patents
- Asus Eee Pad Slider will finally be available in the UK on October 24
- Asus Transformer TF101 Android 4.0 ICS update rolling out now in Taiwan, tomorrow in the US