Virgin Mobile has started taking pre-orders for the LG Optimus Elite. The price is $149.99, and the smartphone will start shipping on May 15 (this coming Tuesday).
The LG Optimus Elite was announced last month for both Sprint and Virgin Mobile, but back then pricing and availability information was only made public for the Now Network. If you’re a Virgin Mobile customer (or fan), you can now head here and pre-order an LG Optimus Elite too.
The Optimus Elite is apparently the successor to the Optimus S (which was Sprint’s version of the Optimus One), but it doesn’t really come with much improved specs. It sports a 3.5-inch HVGA touchscreen, an 800 MHz processor, a 5 MP rear camera, 512 MB of RAM, 4 GB of built-in storage space, microSD card support, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, 3G, and NFC (with Google Wallet). It runs Android 2.3.7 Gingerbread.
The main feature seems to be the Elite’s eco-friendliness, it being made of 50% recycled plastics. The smartphone is also free from potentially hazardous materials such as PVC, comes with fully recyclable packaging, and features an extremely energy efficient charger.
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- LG Optimus Net with NFC headed to Sprint and Virgin Mobile as the Optimus Elite
- LG Optimus Elite available now at Virgin Mobile USA
- LG Optimus Elite eco-friendly Android phone announced for Sprint, Virgin Mobile
- LG Optimus Elite pictured on its way to Sprint and Virgin Mobile
- LG Optimus M+ available now at MetroPCS