After having made its way to stores in the US last month, the Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 is now out in the UK. For now, only the silver version is available, the white one being scheduled for release on May 18 (so exactly one week from today).
You can pick up a Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 from the Carphone Warehouse for £199. This amount will net you a Wi-Fi-only version that comes with 8 GB of built-in storage.
The Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 is perhaps the best competitor to Amazon’s Kindle Fire. It’s a little bit more expensive, but does come with the ‘full’ Android tablet experience as envisioned by Google, alongside all the Google apps. It runs Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich, the latest version of the OS.
The Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 has a 1 GHz dual-core processor, a 7-inch 1024×600 touchscreen, 1 GB of RAM, a 3 MP rear camera, a secondary front-facing camera, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, GPS, and a 4,000 mAh battery.
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- Samsung Galaxy Tab 7.7 launched in India as Galaxy Tab 680
- 7 inch Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 announced. Octa-core Nexus 11 and Dual SIM Tab Duos also in the making?
- Google now lets you register for Sprint’s Samsung Galaxy Nexus
- Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 launched in India as Galaxy Note 800
- New 7 inch Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 with Andorid 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich announced