Although Sony didn’t confirm its existence, the Xperia ST21i Tapioca has been already previewed in Russia. The ST21i is an entry-level smartphone, and the best thing about it is that it runs Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich.
Previewed by Mobile-review, the Xperia ST21i Tapioca looks really different from Sony’s other new Xperias. According to the Russian website, the Tapioca “leaves a much better impression that the Xperia U, for example, even though it will be priced substantially lower.” Feature-wise, the new handset offers a 3.2 inch HVGA display with “an acceptable color reproduction”, Wi-Fi, 3MP rear camera, 800MHz Qualcomm MSM7227 processor, 512MB of RAM, 3GB of storage space, and MicroSD card support. Reportedly, ICS runs “acceptably well” on the device.
It’s said that the Sony Xperia ST21i Tapioca would cost around €200. It will likely be released soon, although there’s no word on exactly how soon. But we’ll let you know when we find out.
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- New Sony Xperia LT29i Hayabusa and ST21i Tapioca with Android ICS pictured
- Sony ST21i Tapioca specs confirmed via benchmark
- Sony Xperia Ion spotted in red. ST21i Tapioca to be called Xperia Tipo, should have a dual SIM version
- Sony Xperia Mint LT30p leaks, stands next to Samsung Galaxy S III
- Sony Xperia ZL arriving in the US soon