Sprint has already announced that its HTC Evo 4G LTE would be released this Friday, on May 18. However, today the third largest US carrier has unveiled the exact time at which the new handset is going to become available in stores: 8 AM. This will happen at least at Sprint stores in the following markets: New York, D.C. Metropolitan Area, Miami, Georgia, Texas, Massachusetts, Colorado, Washington, and Northern California.
Priced at $199.99 on contract (or $149.99, if you get it via Wirefly), the HTC Evo 4G LTE is Sprint’s third LTE-enabled smartphone. It’s a high-end device based on the HTC One X, and features: Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich, Sense 4 UI, a 4.7 inch HD display, HD Voice, Beats Audio, 8MP rear camera with ImageSense, 1GB of RAM, 1.5GHz dual-core Snapdragon S4 processor, 16GB of internal memory, and MicroSD card support.
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- HTC Evo 4G LTE marketing materials spotted. May 18 release date confirmed?
- HTC Evo 4G LTE officially arriving at Sprint on May 18
- ZTE Flash with Android ICS, LTE, HD screen and 12MP camera coming to Sprint
- Sprint HTC Evo 4G LTE with Android ICS announced as the first HD voice-capable smartphone in the US
- Sprint intros HTC One SV and ZTE Force LTE smartphones for Boost Mobile