T-Mobile’s HTC Sensation 4G is finally going to receive its dose of (Android) Ice Cream Sandwich pretty soon. In two days, actually.
T-Mobile has officially announced that the over-the-air (OTA) rollout for the ICS update for the Sensation 4G will start on May 16 (this Wednesday). If you don’t get the OTA notification, or are just impatient, starting on Wednesday you can check for the update manually by going to Settings > About phone > HTC software updates and hitting Check.
After the update is applied, your phone will run Android 4.0.3 and software version 3.32.531.14710RD. The update comes with HTC Sense 3.6 (which is based on the Gingerbread Sense 3.5), and not the all-new Sense 4.0 experience that’s limited to the HTC One series smartphones. But that’s the case with all older HTC smartphones getting updated to ICS, so there’s nothing you can do.
To see the full list of changes that this update will bring, go over here at T-Mobile.
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- T-Mobile HTC Amaze 4G Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich update to arrive on May 21
- HTC Sensation XL Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich update now rolling out
- T-Mobile HTC Sensation 4G Android 2.3.4 update is rolling out
- T-Mobile’s HTC Amaze 4G and Sensation 4G will be updated to Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich
- Vodafone UK’s HTC Sensation gets a small reliability fix