The HTC Desire C was announced yesterday as the Taiwanese company’s most affordable smartphone to run Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich. And if you’re in the UK and want one, you’ll be happy to know that Clove has started taking pre-orders for the handset.
The well known retailer is asking for £189.99 for a SIM-free and unlocked HTC Desire C, VAT included. The device is slated to start shipping on May 24, so you won’t have to wait a lot for it to arrive at your doorstep. In fact, it may just be there next Thursday.
The HTC Desire C is a lower-midrange smartphone, but the fact that it runs the latest version of Google’s mobile operating system makes it unique (for now) in this class. It’s also pretty affordable for the specs, so it should really sell very well.
The HTC Desire C has a 3.5-inch 320×480 touchscreen, a 600 MHz processor, a 5 MP camera, 512 MB of RAM, 4 GB of built-in storage, microSD card support, HSDPA, Wi-Fi, GPS, NFC, Bluetooth, Beats Audio, and a 1,230 mAh battery.
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- HTC Desire U launches in Taiwan with midrange specs, priced at $274
- AT&T HTC Status now available for $49.99
- HTC Desire P gets official in Taiwan
- Android-filled HTC Desire HD and Desire Z officially announced
- Cricket intros the Huawei Ascend II, a Gingerbread smartphone for $129.99 sans contract