The HTC J will be available from KDDI au in Japan on May 25. So it will be in stores throughout Japan exactly one week from now.
The HTC J is basically a slightly modified version of the internationally-sold One S, tailor-made for Japan’s second-largest carrier. The HTC J has support for WiMax, Japanese mobile wallet services, mobile TV, and has an IR port. All of these features are different from the One S (as is the J’s design).
However, in all other respects the two phones are identical on the inside. The J also has a 1.5 GHz dual-core Qualcomm Snapdragon S4 processor, an 8 MP camera with many software enhancements (thanks to HTC Sense 4), Beats Audio, and it runs Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich, as you’d expect.
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- HTC One S redesigned and renamed to One J for Japan’s KDDI
- Sony Ericsson Xperia Acro leaks on its way to Japan
- Sprint HTC Evo One gets handled right before the official announcement, comes with red kickstand
- AT&T announces HTC One X release date: May 6. Price: $199.99 on contract
- Sprint intros HTC One SV and ZTE Force LTE smartphones for Boost Mobile