The update to Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich for the HTC Amaze 4G will be released by T-Mobile and HTC starting on May 21 (which is this coming Monday).
We’ve known for quite a while now that the Amaze 4G would get its very own taste of Ice Cream Sandwich, but the date wasn’t set in stone up until now. Another HTC Android device on T-Mobile, the Sensation 4G, has started receiving its Android 4.0 update a couple of days ago, just like we previously told you it would.
The update for the Amaze 4G will arrive over-the-air, and your phone will notify you once it’s available. If you’re impatient, you can go to Settings > About phone > HTC software updates and hit Check Now (though if you do that before May 21, you’re surely wasting your time).
After updating, you’ll be on software version 2.14.531.3710RD. The update comes with HTC Sense 3.6, like all older HTC smartphones that got updated to ICS. This is based on the Gingerbread Sense 3.5. The leaner, meaner HTC Sense 4.0 is still limited to the newly-launched HTC One series of devices.
Still, you are going to get the newest OS version in a few days, so that should make you happy. Full details about the upcoming update are available here at T-Mobile.
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- T-Mobile’s HTC Amaze 4G and Sensation 4G will be updated to Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich
- T-Mobile’s HTC Sensation 4G will get updated to Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich starting on May 16
- HTC Incredible S Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich update now rolling out
- New T-Mobile HTC Amaze 4G software update brings Google Music, Wi-Fi calling
- HTC Rezound, Amaze 4G, Sensation and others confirmed to get Android Ice Cream Sandwich