Initially expected to arrive in the UK on early May, the Sony Xperia U has only now become available there, thanks to Three. The British network is selling the new handset online as of today, and it will have it in stores starting tomorrow.
Coming as the cheapest option among Sony’s new Xperia smartphones, the Xperia U features a 3.5 inch FWVGA display, HSDPA, Wi-Fi, GPS, 5MP rear camera, VGA front-facing camera, 1GHz dual-core processor, and 4GB of internal memory. It runs Android 2.3 Gingerbread at the moment, and Sony said an update to 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich would be out sometime later this year. Other British networks will offer the Xperia U as well, although they haven’t provided exact launch dates for it.
Via Press release
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- UK: Sony Xperia S won’t be launched this month after all
- Sony Xperia P and Xperia U delayed in the UK until late May
- Sony Xperia S finally launched in the UK, only via Three for now
- Sony Xperia S priced in the UK (£467.99 SIM-free), should be out in early March
- Sony Xperia SP and Xperia L to be launched in the UK this month